- Reasons behind Failed Hair Transplant
- Is There A Solution For Failed Hair Transplant?
- What Should You Do To Avoid A Failed Hair Transplant?
- Frequently Common Questions
Hair Transplant is a very effective and safe procedure. Therefore, having a failed Hair Transplant is rare. In some cases, the results might not provide the required improvements.
Reasons behind Failed Hair Transplant
- You May Not Be A Suitable Candidate For Hair Transplant: The first reason behind a failed Hair Transplant is that you may not be a suitable candidate for the procedure. The best way to know if you are suitable for it or not is by consulting an expert. The expert will evaluate all the risk factors for you if they exist. These risks vary between patients and can provide important information about how suitable you are for the procedure. In addition, if you are suffering hair loss periodically or your targeted area is not suitable for the procedure, Hair Transplant might be not suitable for you. At this stage, it is important to know the hair loss type you are suffering. In order to get more information about hair loss reasons, you can check our article: Why your hair is falling out?: Causes of hair loss.
- Wrong Technique Was Applied: You may be a suitable candidate for the procedure, but selecting the right technique is very important. For example, using a technique that cannot give high density will affect the results negatively. You can check our article about this: Which hair transplant technique is the best for you? | FUE, FUT, or DHI?
- Wrong Expert Was Selected: Perhaps, the biggest reason behind a failed Hair Transplant is the person who is performing it does not have enough experience. Since Hair Transplant is a surgery, it affects the person’s appearance a lot. In fact, Hair Transplant is a very personal procedure starting from the frontal hairline to the applied technique. In order to perform this operation, it is necessary to have a qualified expert. The expert will determine the suitable technique depending on the patient’s needs and desires. In this stage, he can use the technological developments and his experience. It is very important to check the internet and examine previous patients’ reviews. A good expert will work in a good clinic. As a first step, you can check our article about this issue: How to choose a Hair Transplant clinic and Hair Transplant surgeon?
- Other Reasons: Regardless of the reasons mentioned above, Hair Transplant may fail due to the negative developments during the procedure. Keeping the extracted grafts out of the tissues for a long time can make them lose their vitality. The dead roots will not become healthy hair, the experts who know this enter the procedure as a team and they move roots to tissues with maintaining their vitality. One more thing, if roots are placed close to each other, they are not going to grow healthy,
Is There A Solution For Failed Hair Transplant?
It is possible to correct the failed Hair Transplant by a new procedure. But in this process, it is very important to understand the importance of the personal treatment plan. Therefore, it is necessary to investigate the reasons behind the failure of the first procedure, and design a personal treatment plan to prevent these reasons. This is the only way to make an improvement.
It is not easy to perform a new Hair Transplant for people who had done it before and got bad results. Moreover, the only way to eliminate the unsuccessful results is by a new Hair Transplant. It is better for the expert not to hesitate to take steps for a new procedure, which he can reshape the hair correctly.
What Should You Do To Avoid A Failed Hair Transplant?
- You should discuss the expert who is going to perform the procedure, to know the realistic expectations. It is important to discuss all the details with the expert in order to avoid any unexpected results after the procedure.
- It is very important to select a suitable clinic and expert in order to get a successful operation. You should search very well. Remember, the time you will spend searching for a good clinic and doctor is much shorter than the time you may spend in correction operation after a failed one.
- After Hair Transplant, it is very important to provide the proper care for the treated area. Regardless of the success of the operation, the care after the procedure is very affective on results. You can check our article about this issue: What should be done after Hair Transplant?: A Ten Point Guide.